- Desire to learn
- Accepts feedback and coaching
- Identifies career and personal goals
- Seeks expert advice
- Wants a successful career
- Likes a challenge
- Accepts responsibility
- Seeks out challenging assignments
Tips for the Mentee/Protege
- This is about career development, not just shadowing and involves active
- Establishing a relationship with your mentor is the key to success.
- Before your first meeting develop a career plan (where you want to be
professionally in the next ten years).
- At the first meeting, discuss your plan and develop goals and objectives
that will achieve your plan.
- Be honest about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Be considerate about your mentor's time.
- Have fun.
- Be creative about communicatining with mentor and ask their preferred method (i.e.
texting, facebook, email).